Developing software for Engineering, Science and Manufacturing companies:
- Developed software to automatically generate CAD models suitable for manufacturing.
- Automated CAD workflows using scripts.
- Developed Graphical User Interfaces for manipulating CAD models.
- Developed visualization software for Engineering simulation results.
- Developed training materials for software development and for CAD use.
- Developed Project Management software.
Taught graduate courses in Computer Simulation and Modeling
- Developed parametric and iterative CAD automation software based on the CAPRI middleware.
- Developed software that simplifies OpenFOAM® CFD case generation, launching and post processing.
- Developed cloud based distributed simulation solutions using CAPRI for unified CAD access, Amazon Cloud for hosting, PHP and MySQL for scalability management and usage tracking.
- Created pre-sales marketing materials such as web pages, presentations and videos.
- Wrote and reviewed papers on the Engineering design-simulation-optimization cycle.
- Developed add-on applications for CAD software packages such as AutoCAD and Revit in C# and Visual Basic under Microsoft .NET.
- Automated Engineering spreadsheets, Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and Word Documents through Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros.
- Automated the generation of structural and CAD models in CATIA using VBA and computational geometry techniques.
- Integrated between various CAD, fabrication and structural modeling software packages by developing custom translator programs.
- Programmatically data-mined static and dynamic structural analysis results from text and binary files.
- Developed .NET applications to transfer data between databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Evaluated CFD software packages for potential use in the AEC industry.
- Reviewed and presented papers in Multi-Phase Flow.
- Wrote numerical methods codes.
- Developed boiling simulation software based on Microsoft Excel and OpenFOAM.
Areas of Concentration: Aerodynamics and Propulsion
- Led a team of peers on an assignment to solve supersonic viscous airflow over a flat plate numerically by developing a CFD code and wrote 2D/3D, steady and unsteady panel codes.
- Led a team of undergraduate students designing a centrifugal turbojet engine.
- Developed genetic algorithms to solve optimization problems.
- Tested airfoils and aircraft models in wind tunnels in the Experimental Aerodynamics Lab course.
- Tested various specimens for yield, failure, cracks and hardness in the Materials and Structures & Instrumentation labs.
- Participated in the preliminary design of a light aircraft and lead a team designing the fuselage of a business jet, using Catia for design and FEA.
Computer Science focused program with four hours of programming theory and four hours of computer lab work every week.
- Developed database management software
- Developed file manager software
- Developed 3D game
Practical Stress Analysis, Issuing authority: Lake City Publishing